The iKamper Skycamp 2.0 has one of the most ingenious hardshell designs with its Aerodynamic and Lightweight Design in the industry and it looks great and fits on most vehicles. The Skycamp 2.0 tent is pure class.
By far one of the best RTT (rooftop tents) on the market. It truly is the king of the rooftop tent scene with a comfortable king-size 1.8″ thick high-density memory foam mattress. While most rooftop tents can only accommodate two adults or maybe three at a squeeze.
This tent is large enough for the family (4 people) and even your pet. A standout favorite feature of all campers is the Skycamp 2.0 industry-leading 1-minute setup time. This tent is the most family and larger group size-friendly on the market or anyone wanting a little extra legroom.
Time to set up Camp With the iKamper Skycamp 2.0
Fast 1 Minute Setup: Get out of your car and be ready to camp in 60 seconds.
iKamper rooftop tent on jeep
Let us break down this award winning hardshell rooftop tent some more.
This innovative hardshell Rooftop Tent Features:
- Closed Dimensions (WxLxH): 54 x 86 x 13 in. | Open Dimensions: 83 x 86 x 43 in.
- Fast 1 Minute Setup: Get out of your car and be ready to camp in 60 seconds
- Holds/Sleeps 4 People: The Skycamp features a comfortable king-size mattress.
- Customizable: Choose the color of your hard shell and the accessories you want for the best camping experience.
- Breathable: Insulating Poly-Cotton Canvas tent fabric is water-resistant, fire retardant, long-lasting, and breathable.
- Locking Hard Shell: Closing straps have locks to give you added security & peace of mind.
- Quality Built: Built with top quality parts and custom molds.
- Lightweight and Aerodynamic Design: Slim Profile that actually looks good and fits on most vehicles.
- Your vehicle must have crossbars that must be at least 30 inches (76 cm) apart from each other
- The racks/crossbars MUST support at least 165 lbs (most racks do).
- Thick Mattress: 1.8″ high-density memory foam
- Interior Design: World map graphic
- Hard Shell Locks: Stronger stainless steel
- Windows: Outer fabric turns into a canopy
- Mounting Brackets: Easier to install
- Innovative Ladder: Safer and more comfortable
- Materials: It is water-resistant, fire retardant, long-lasting and breathable, Breathable 300gsm poly-cotton canvas, Waterproof polyester 150D (PU 3000mm), Double-layered FRP with 1″ air insulation
- Fast & Easy setup
- Premium quality
- Plenty of space
- Locking feature
- Comfy Mattress
- Higher Price Point
Is iKamper worth the money?
The old saying is true and that is you get what you pay for. You can try to save a few dollars by going with a cheaper option but you’ll find out, in the long run, the quality and durability won’t be the same. The life of the iKamper will outlast the lower-priced tents.
How much does iKamper cost?
The iKamper SKYCAMP 2.0 starts at $3,899
Are roof tents safe?
Yes, they are safe. Just like many products out there some instruction reading is wise.
Also, good common sense goes a long way. Make sure to review the owners manual.
Are roof top tents comfortable?
Yes, and often times even more comfortable due to the built in mattress. Beats being on the ground that you get with a typical ground tent.
Time to pick up Camp
Considering the iKamper Skycamp v 2.0 can be a bit pricier compared to other rooftop tents, it is totally worth it. The slim light aerodynamic design and it’s incredibly easy 1 minute set-up time, The Skycamp makes camping fun and easy.
It looks great and most importantly it is very comfy, durable, and spacious. It was very well built and belongs at the top of the food chain in the rooftop tent space. Rooftop Cruisers Team Approved!